Project Help (now known as The Caring Center) was established in the early 1980's when a small group of people from St. Peter's church formed a committee to distribute food and clothing to the needy. Learn more...
Each month we post a list of "Monthly Needs" (on our website and on The Caring Center Facebook page)—these are items that The Caring Center needs to help the individuals and families that we serve. Your help in keeping our shelves stocked with these items is greatly appreciated!
How Can You Help?
Volunteers are always welcome. Stop by anytime during our normal operating hours (or contact us by email) and check out all the opportunities available for our volunteers. Some of the opportunities include:
- Assisting Clients
- Sorting Clothing
- Stocking Food Shelves/Sacking Groceries
- Food Rescue Programs (see below)
- Assisting with the Community Garden
- We also list special volunteer opportunities on the Caring Center donations page
Volunteers Needed for Food Rescue Programs
The Caring Center participates in 2 local food rescue programs:
- The Caring Center needs volunteers to pick up food from Boone Meadow Elementary (5555 S Main St.,
Whitestown, IN 46075) on Tuesdays and Fridays. The contact person is Amy Deinlein at 317-873-2226 ext 14104. Food needs to be picked up between 2-2:30 pm (or other arrangements made with Amy). It is normally one cooler full. Volunteers will transport the food from Boone Meadow Elementary to The Caring Center. (The Caring Center is open until 5 pm on those days.) If you can help, sign up on the SignUpGenius page at:
- The Caring Center needs volunteers to pick up milk from the Lebanon Middle School on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 12:45 pm as part of the food rescue program. It is normally one cooler full of milk, and The Caring Center will provide the coolers. Volunteers will transport the milk from the school to the Caring Center. If you can help, sign up on the SignUpGenius page at:
More Volunteer Information
Watch our volunteer slide show for more information about volunteering.
Additional Ways to Support The Caring Center
Kroger Community Rewards
Then go online to register for the program at kroger.com/communityrewards and list “The Caring Center “as your organization. The Caring Center’s Organization Number is RG213. (Note: this is a new number as of January 2019)
Kroger will donate money back to The Caring Center each quarter based on purchases tied to registered cards. Tell your friends and family to sign up too!